About Me

My photo
Most of us are observers, I choose to write about what I see.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Did My Feet Really Grow?

For the past year, one of the many issues in my life is the fact that all my shoes hurt. It didn't matter how comfortable they used to be, or how worn they had become. They simply hurt! So, what to do, what to do? Nothing seemed to help.

Finally, I had a really big pain in my foot which occurred one day after a brisk two mile jaunt through town. At first, I thought, well, this too shall pass. However, it did not. After a month of what became unbearable foot pain, I went to the podiatrist just to be told that I had plantar faciitis. The remedy? An orthotic and sturdy shoes. So I complied. Problem was, that it was July, and sturdy tie up shoes were just too hot.

So began the search for the sturdy summer shoe. Anyone who knows me well understands that although I like to buy things, I hate to shop. So online I went. Shoes began arriving. But once I put that darned orthotic in, I couldn't get my foot in the shoe. Finally, after about six shoe deliveries and returns, I found, one, a pair of sandals designed for my condition, and two, another pair of sandals I could wear with the orthotic.

Forward to late October. I took a trip to Atlanta and had a lovely time. I wore the sandal that fit the orthotic. Upon my arrival home, I noticed foot pain once again.Back to the podiatrist who tells me that I need a sturdy shoe for more support.

This time, I actually go to a shoe store that specializes in foot problems. They measure my foot and guess what? My foot is an entire size larger than I thought it was. What happened? Apparently, my feet grew, and nobody told me. So, two hundred dollars later, I hope to have solved my foot problem.

No comments: