About Me

My photo
Most of us are observers, I choose to write about what I see.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I Can Write Again?

An old one Revisited

by Marilynn S. Turner

I started this blog in 2009 and vowed to write my daily musings without fail, no matter how trivial, just to keep up the craft. I got off to a good start, and was tapping out prose every day. I was on a roll. Then suddenly, everything in my life came to a screeching halt with a diagnosis of breast cancer. So, for 16 months I did not write. Nothing, not even a grocery list. There was too much cluttering up my mind.

Sixteen months is a long time to think, to contemplate, to get the cobwebs out. You can't write, or create, if your mind is full of clutter.I had clutter dripping out of my ears.The creative me, where was it? Buried deep, I was a hoarder, smothered deep in my brain clutter.

I didn't realize it, but gradually I began making changes that would rid me of this heaviness. I took fiddle lessons, I contacted old friends, I tried new foods, and I enjoyed drinking cabernet.

I thought about what was important to my life and began to shed those things that had become too weighty and embraced the meaningful relationships that I had.

So what am I going to write about? Well, I came up with a list of seven topics, so stay tuned. It's just the beginning!

No comments: