About Me

My photo
Most of us are observers, I choose to write about what I see.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ahhhhh Air Conditioning

It's July 16th in Connecticut, 8 p.m., and I have turned on the air conditioning in my house for the first time this summer season. Now, the reason I have not turned on the air conditioning until now is not because I didn't have one, or because it wasn't working, or because it was in storage, or because it wasn.t installed. The reason that I have not used the air conditioning until this evening is because it was just too darned cold.

A couple of nights ago before I went to bed, I heard the local weather forecaster say that we were in for a low temp of 42 degrees that night. I called my sister and said, "I'm worried. The weather is way too strange for me. It's July, and I want to turn on the heat"!! My sister of course isn't listening to me and responds with "uh huh".

The next day, mid morning, I'm sitting on my deck in my favorite polar fleece jacket drinking coffee. My coffee drinking companion is cooing about the wonderfully refreshing weather. It feels like September!!! Don't you have a problem with that???

"No", he said. "I'm just going to enjoy it".

And so you have it. Take each day as it comes, and enjoy the parts you consider good.

No comments: