About Me

My photo
Most of us are observers, I choose to write about what I see.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Does Your Time Really Belong to You?

I've been preparing to go to another family gathering, and can't see to find the time to get everything necessary done. In between doing the laundry, washing the dishes, eating,going to doctor's appointments, and yes, even working out at the gym, I've volunteered to organize yet another event for our fun-filled weekend.

My problem is sometimes I think, "What's one more thing," especially when I have so many to do. Didn't someone say to give a job to a busy person if you want it done? In many ways I can see how that is true.

So today, by 7 a.m., I have fed and walked the dog, fed and walked the cat, because she thinks she's a dog; done a load of laundry, checked my email, and made the coffee. The day is still young with many hours to do lots more things.

So, in thinking about if my time belongs to me, the answer is yes. Most of the things I've done, have been for myself. And looking at the hour, 9 a.m., there's still time to have a manicure, go to the pharmacy, drop by the hardware store, dead head the geraniums and pick up some lunch fixins all before noon.

I'll still have time for a little nap before meeting with the family.

No comments: