About Me

My photo
Most of us are observers, I choose to write about what I see.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

PUSHING?????

Recently, someone said to me that I was pushing 60. What! What are you talking about? I had to pause a moment and think about my age. You see, I've just turned 57 years old. Pushing 60? That never occurred to me. And most importantly, what does it mean, PUSHING 60!

The person who made this statement to me is male, and theoretically, pushing 80. So my question to him was, "is this bad"? "Am I supposed to feel bad about this"? His response, "well, you know, you are getting older". Yeh, and so isn't everyone else on the planet. That's how it goes I said.

"Well ya know," he said, "you can't do everything that you used to do". 

My response, "and I probably shouldn't".

Until it was pointed out to me, I never considered my age. Of course I know that I am getting older, but my goodness, I'm also having a great time. Despite the fact that my hair is grey, my neck is sagging, my hips broadend and my stomach the consistency of a marshmallow, I AM a very happy, old girl.

So now that I've been put on notice that I am PUSHING 60, I look forward to PUSHING, 70 and 80 and even 90. The older I get, the more like a fine, rare wine I become.

No comments: