About Me

My photo
Most of us are observers, I choose to write about what I see.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sleeping?

As a middle aged woman, I have begun to think that a full night's sleep is a thing of the past. I no longer sleep, I nap. My night usually goes like this. Bed at 9 p.m., I'll usually read a book or watch television until I fall asleep. If I watch television, I usually wake at about midnight to turn it off. Good! Hmmmm? Not so much. So I go back to sleep, then I wake up about two hours later. It's HOT, so I open the window. YES! In the dead of winter, even at minus five degrees, I must open the window. My part husky dog then goes to the window and rest her fury head on the sill.

Okay, back to bed. two hours later I hear this horrible noise. It sounds like a runaway train in a tunnel. WHAT is that! OH, NO! It's me. I snore. I snore so loud that I wake myself out of what I will call a sound sleep. What to do, what to do?

Oh well, it's 5:30 a.m., no point in sleeping now. It's time to start my day.

No comments: